The 2017 – 18 UBCP/ACTRA Full Member, Apprentice and Background Member Dues invoices have been mailed via Canada Post along with your tax receipt for your 2016 dues if applicable.
Please pay your dues before the deadline of April 1, 2017. If payment is received after April 1st a 10% late fee will be applied.
If payment is not received by April 30th please note the following consequences:
- Full Member, if you fail to pay your annual dues (basic annual dues are $195) by April 30th your membership will be suspended. Suspended members will be charged non-refundable permits and will not receive insurance or retirement benefits. If annual dues are in arrears for two consecutive years the result will be the resignation of your Union membership. To be reinstated into the Union at a future date would require payment of outstanding amounts owed and the reinstatement fee of $1600.
Full Members who do not plan on performing and who have extenuating circumstances can put their membership on Withdrawal. In order to qualify for withdrawal/inactive status, you must be a Full Member of UBCP/ACTRA for at least twelve (12) months; you must pay any outstanding dues; be in good standing; agree that you will not perform in any recorded media while on withdrawal and pay the withdrawal fee of $48.75 (25% of the basic annual dues) If you go on withdrawal before April 1, 2017 you do not have to pay the 2017/18 Dues.
Please note that while on withdrawal or suspension, Full Members will be charged the 25% non-member fee on Film & TV residual payments and the 10% non-member fee on Commercial residual payments. We recommend that you call your Insurance provider before going on withdrawal, to understand what happens with your insurance and retirement benefits.
- Apprentice Member – failure to pay your membership dues ($75) by April 30th will result in the cancellation of your membership and all credits earned prior to the cancellation will not be eligible towards a future membership.
- Background Member – failure to pay your membership dues ($30) by April 30th will result in the cancellation of your membership and all vouchers earned prior to the cancellation will not be eligible towards a future membership.
There are 5 ways to pay your dues:
- Pay by mail using the invoice you received; must be date stamped before April 1st
- Pay by fax using the invoice you received; fax number is 604.689.1145
- Pay online by using the Pay Dues Online Button on our website www.ubcp.com (Visa, MasterCard)
- Pay in person at the UBCP/ACTRA office, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Debit, Cheque, Money Order, Cash)
- Pay by phone by calling 604-689-0727 extension 3001 (Visa, MasterCard, Amex)
Please note all types of Interac Cards (e.g. Visa Interac) can only be processed in person in our office.
Contact UBCP/ACTRA Member Services at 604-689-0727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org